Eyes down and get your lucky bingo pens at the ready for the Bona Vada Bingo Launch !!!
“Bona to vada your dolly old eek.” That means ‘nice to see your pretty face’ in Polari, a slang with roots in the theatre that for decades functioned as a kind of secret code within Britain’s gay community.
Bona Vada Bingo at Tobacco Factory is a lgbtqia, qtipoc, all inclusive Sunday social event bringing our Bedminster community and Bristol bingo fans an afternoon and evening of hilarious games, high campery, tomfoolery, drag performances, cabaret and 3 games of bingo with amazing prizes. Entertainment and performances will be provided by Bristols finest Drag Kings and Queens and also giving a platform to emerging Bristol talent and supporting local artists. Some of Bristol’s finest DJ talent (on rotation) plus guest DJ’s bringing you uplifting house music & disco vibes.
Caller & Host – Lady Rae Fountain
Balls Selector & Host – Drag Queen Sally Savage
Live Dance Performance – Mateo Grajales & Ru
Mateo: At the age of 7 Mateo started his own dance journey, he passed through different dance schools in Colombia learning classical ballroom, Colombian Folk and ultimately hip hop dance which has been his main focus until this day.
Ru: Ru’s dance background has been a diverse journey from traditional training in jazz and ballet from the age of 12, to Bristol-based hip hop dance troupes, vogueing and podium dancing.
DJ’s– Mikey Slade – Wait…What ? Ibiza | Ashanti 007 – Bristol Ballroom Community
- For the time being we are running at a reduced capacity so to avoid disappointment we kindly advise you to book your table in advance.
- Tickets are sold as tables of 4 or 6. Tickets are £7 per person (plus booking fee) which includes 3 games of bingo per person.
- In between each game there will be a 10 min break to order drinks, food and nip to the lav.
- Dogs are welcome but please keep your pet on a lead at all times.
- You will be seated on a first come first served basis from the front but rest assured there will be seating for everyone. Please get in touch in advance for any additional requirements.
- This event is outside, but all tables are undercover in case of rain!
Bona Vada Bingo will be donating money from your purchased bingo games to Help Bristol’s Homeless.
“Our mission is to change the face of homelessness in Bristol. Through the support of our trustees, volunteers and supporters our vision of a gated community of self-contained micro flats, created from shipping containers, and the amenities needed to support our residents is becoming a reality. We are able to provide temporary accommodation for more than 15 residents until they can each move on to a more permanent home. Your help and support to complete the vision is vital. Follow the links to find out more about us and how you can get involved.”
Artwork by @jjuanpedro
Sunday July 11th Bona Pride Bingo – Bristol Pride Fundraising Extravaganza – more details soon!